Monday, June 8, 2009
This file is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 2.0 License
WHY BRETT FAVRE CAN LEAD THE VIKINGS TO THE SUPER BOWL.
The Quarterback is the player that runs and directs the offense. He usually gets the signal for the play from the coaching staff, and then he calls the play in the huddle. He usually lines up directly behind the center who hikes him the ball to start the play. The quarterback is involved in the majority of the offensive plays a team runs. He is either throwing it to a receiver, handing the ball off to a running back, or running it himself. In some situation a quarterback can call his own plays without getting a signal from the coach, one would be if a quarterback recognizes that the defense is running a certain play and then he calls an audible. Another rear situation is when the coaching staff allows the quarterback to call his own plays
1. Develop leadership skills, coaches loves for their starting quarterbacks to be leaders.
2. Get a lot of practice in the offseason. You need to work on arm strengh and footwork. Work on throwing football often and far, also work on various dropbacks espiciaaly the 5 step dropback.
3. Practice looking off safety to create space for the wide reciever, do not telegraph your throws.
4. Watch and learn what good quarterbacks do in certain situations, watch them on films or television.
5. Mentaly visualize yourself coming to the line and facing certain defenses, come up with what you will do against it.
6. A quarterback needs to study the playbook, he should know what every offensive player is doing when the ball is hiked.
ANSWER PREVIOUS QUESTIONS
1. NY Jets- Mark Sanchez, QB USC
2. NY Jets - Vernon Gholston, DE Ohio State
3. Atlanta - Matt Ryan, QB Boston College
4. Ryan Leaf, QB Washington State
QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK
1. Who is the best NFL quarterback of alltime?
2. Who was the best quarterback in the NFL for the 2008 season?
3. Who was the best quarterback in college for the 2008 season?
4. Who will have the most yards passing this season Aaron Rodgers or Bret Favre.
To answer questions respond to comments section or email me at email@example.com.
For each question I will choose the best answer and put it on the site